If you’ve been in Sheboygan for the 4th of July, there is a good chance you’ve seen the cardboard boat races on the Riverfront. You've seen the fabulous sinkings, the amazing designs, and those that have built boats on site with kits. This year, SEAS will be hosting this event and we want you to participate! How, you ask?
There are many ways to choose from:
- Build a boat to race prior to the 4th of July
- Build a boat at the event
- Gather 3 friends and enter the Paddleboard Relay Race (paddleboard provided)
- Volunteer for the event – fill out Volunteer Survey
- Come and watch all the fun at Rotary Riverview Park at noon
This event is a 4th of July tradition. Thank you to the John Michael Kohler Arts Center for hosting the event the past 30 years.
The event will be renamed as SEAS Water Sports and will continue to have the boat races with the addition of paddleboard races. The boat building requirements will be slightly changed to incorporate more recycled materials, cardboard being a primary material. SEAS will also be partnering with Mike Miller, owner of EOS, to conduct the paddleboard races. Register to participate for building a cardboard boat prior to the event, building at the event or the paddleboard races at www.seasheboygan.org/watersports.