Kohler-Andrae State Park – Sanderling Nature Center Wis. Master Naturalist Volunteer Training- Saturdays, May 7 – June 18, 2016
- Classes meet every Saturday from 8:00 a.m-3:30 p.m. (Except no class May 28th)
- Course includes training in Wisconsin’s Ecology, Geology, Ice age Landscapes, Wildlife, Waters, Wetlands, Human History and Impacts, Communications and Interpretive Techniques.
- Field trips to NU-Kettle Moraine State Forest/Ice Age Center, Maywood Environmental Center, Willow Creek Preserve, Indian Mounds Park, and various other outdoor classroom locations.
- A total of 12 different instructors have been lined up for each program offered.
- Fee: $250
- Online registration: http://wimasternaturalist.org/KohlerAndraeSpring2016
Wis. Master Naturalist Great Lakes Advanced Training Course- Saturday, August 20, 2016
- Class meets for one day (8 hours) from 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Course covers Great Natural History, Ecology, Water Quality, Geology, Sand Dunes, Wetlands, Invasive Species, Endangered Species, and Cultural History
- Field trips to various locations along the Lake Michigan shoreline
- Several instructors have been lined up for the day including fisheries specialist Titus Seilheimer Ph.D. of the UW-Sea Grant.
- Fee: $50 for current WI Master Naturalist Volunteers and $75 for the general public.
- Online registration: http://wimasternaturalist.org and go to “advanced training”.
Natural Resource Foundation Field Trip
Dunes of Kohler-Andrae : Flora, Fauna and Geology- Saturday, August 6, 2016
- Dune and Beach hike from 10:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Field Trip # 140. One of 188 trips offered by the Wis. Nat. Resource Foundation.
- For more Information and online registration: http://WisConservation.org
- Open to current Nat. Resource Foundation members but new members can join online and sign up this or any of the other foundation trips offered.
- Hike will start at the Sanderling Nature Center with stops along Lake Michigan shoreline and exploration of the many unique sand dune formations and rare interdunal wetlands within the Kohler Dunes State Natural Area of the park.
- Fee: $15 per person
NOTE: All programs start at the Sanderling Nature Center located within Kohler-Andrae State Park just south of the city of Sheboygan at 1020 Beach Park Lane, Sheboygan, WI 53081. Primary instructors will be Master Naturalist Volunteers Jim Buchholz and Drew Morris
Host Organization: Friends of Kohler-Andrae State Park www.FriendsofKohler-Andrae.com